Skip to main content

a skeptics guide to belief -- a book review

Ken Crispin's A Skeptic's Guide to Belief gives a refreshing gift to the world of apologetics.  Trained as an attorney and a judge in Australia's Supreme Court, Crispin brings a keen mind together with a loving heart to explore the more weighty issues in metaphysics:  God, life, meaning, religion, and the hereafter.  The fresh ground that Crispin trods, though, make the book well worth it.  He presents the arguments with the nuance of an individual who has made a career of presenting dense legal rulings in a manner where the "everyman" can understand it.  This is where A Skeptic's Guide to Belief really shines.

Readers will find a healthy dose of skepticism, with a clear example of what dialogue looks like.

In the end, I was left wanting more, though.  A Skeptic's Guide to Belief is a marvelous start, but I still wanted more.
_____________________
I received a free copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review here.