Brian McLaren and Gareth Higgins' new "children's" book, Cory & the Seventh Story (illustrated by Heather Lynn Harris), is one of the most beautiful stories I've read this year. For those who grow up and live in a violent world, Cory learns a new story, "the seventh story", the story of the world in which there is enough love to transform everything and everyone into a bigger world.
"This is the truth", Cory the racoon says, "There is no them. We are all part of one great, big, beautiful, wonderful us". And that good news makes all the difference in the world.
The temptation, in reviewing this book, is to say more. But I'm resisting that temptation. Because I believe you, dear reader, deserve to hear that seventh story straight from Cory.
Anything else I might say would diminish the story itself.
______________________
I received a free copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review here.
"This is the truth", Cory the racoon says, "There is no them. We are all part of one great, big, beautiful, wonderful us". And that good news makes all the difference in the world.
The temptation, in reviewing this book, is to say more. But I'm resisting that temptation. Because I believe you, dear reader, deserve to hear that seventh story straight from Cory.
Anything else I might say would diminish the story itself.
______________________
I received a free copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review here.
