Hayley Morgan's Preach to Yourself: When Your Inner Critic Comes Calling, Talk Back with Truth helps the reader to how to renew our
minds to renew our lives. This book will show you how to identify the
toxic loops and replace them with the truth of God. It is not a
suggestion to "try harder", however. It is an invitation to "believe
better" by putting all your thoughts into submission to Jesus Christ through the activity of the Holy Spirit.
Hayley Morgan encourages the reader to take God at God's own Word when the Spirit tells you who you are. To find your identity in Christ, and to preach that to yourself.
I recommend this book to anyone who struggles with negative self-talk. This book made me recognize some very toxic loops that I had going on in my life. It also made me recognize ways that I was talking to myself, that were very negative and destructive. Because of this book, I feel like I am now replacing those negative things with the truth of Jesus Christ. This is a slow process, for sure. But it is an important one in the psychologically healthy spiritual lives of so many Christians.
_____________________
I received a free book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review here.
Hayley Morgan encourages the reader to take God at God's own Word when the Spirit tells you who you are. To find your identity in Christ, and to preach that to yourself.
I recommend this book to anyone who struggles with negative self-talk. This book made me recognize some very toxic loops that I had going on in my life. It also made me recognize ways that I was talking to myself, that were very negative and destructive. Because of this book, I feel like I am now replacing those negative things with the truth of Jesus Christ. This is a slow process, for sure. But it is an important one in the psychologically healthy spiritual lives of so many Christians.
_____________________
I received a free book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review here.
