Skip to main content

leatherbound terrorism -- a book review

Chris Kratzer's Leatherbound Terrorism:  Crucified by Conservative Evangelicalism, Resurrected by Jesus is an absolute challenge to all who regard Conservative Evangelicalism as the final, God-given version of Christian faith.  Here, Kratzer speaks in real, raw, and honest truths exposing how far Christianity has moved from its source.  Through his own experiences serving as a conservative pastor for 23 years, Chris shares stories from his journey of disillusionment and the nagging questions that eventually awakened him to the depths of God's grace.  Chris is a brave truth-teller and a unique voice.  This book is a great read.

If you've also found yourself disillusioned by the church, this is the book for you.  It holds no punches, but it's also hopeful as it offers an alternative to a faith that has long been hijacked, institutionalized, and monetized.  As someone who grew up in the realm of conservative Christianity, I was blown away by how the author's story mirrored my own.  It helped me put words to my experiences and realize that I'm not crazy.  The church is broken and in need of fixing.

This book is a hope-filled message that needs to be heard in the age of Trump and the Religious Right.  It reminds us God's love wins out.  There is hope.  There is more.  This book is a call to step outside of institutionalized Christianity in order to find Jesus.  I've personally been on this journey for over twenty years.  I hope to meet you along the way.  Safe travels.

_____________________
I received a free copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review here.