Scripture: Psalm 146
Praise the Lord! Don't trust in mortals. How hard is that, though? I see the people who get the most attention and praise. I see those in power. I can taste the things money can buy, and I can really be excited by the future that people in power offer.
But God doesn't care about the newest fashion, the fastest car, the latest social media trend or what celebrity couple is together this week. God probably doesn't even care about powerful and influential people unless it concerns how they are treating others.
God cares about the unflashy -- the poor, prisoners, the blind, strangers, orphans and widows -- you know, those who won't really advance your popularity or status. But when our lives are finished on
this earth, our money and fame and big houses won't matter. What matters is that the Lord is steadfast and true forever--and cares about how we treat others. Challenge yourself to care for others--and practice grace for yourself when you can't resist trusting mortals.
Prayer: Lord of all creation, you've given us beauty in this world and life. Guide our hearts to care for others in need rather than to follow the passions of this world. Help us follow you and trust what
is good and true. Amen.
Praise the Lord! Don't trust in mortals. How hard is that, though? I see the people who get the most attention and praise. I see those in power. I can taste the things money can buy, and I can really be excited by the future that people in power offer.
But God doesn't care about the newest fashion, the fastest car, the latest social media trend or what celebrity couple is together this week. God probably doesn't even care about powerful and influential people unless it concerns how they are treating others.
God cares about the unflashy -- the poor, prisoners, the blind, strangers, orphans and widows -- you know, those who won't really advance your popularity or status. But when our lives are finished on
this earth, our money and fame and big houses won't matter. What matters is that the Lord is steadfast and true forever--and cares about how we treat others. Challenge yourself to care for others--and practice grace for yourself when you can't resist trusting mortals.
Prayer: Lord of all creation, you've given us beauty in this world and life. Guide our hearts to care for others in need rather than to follow the passions of this world. Help us follow you and trust what
is good and true. Amen.