Alistair Begg's
Made for His Pleasure: Ten Benchmarks of a Vital Faith originally published twenty years ago. This new edition, entirely unchanged from the first, is still a simple, yet profound, collection of thoughts about the elementary elements of a vital faith.
I knew I was in trouble from the
opening pages of the first chapter. To illustrate the Christian's need
for spiritual fitness, Begg points out the need for physical fitness. course he subordinates physical fitness to spiritual fitness, but
nonetheless the conviction had begun. And it only continued as he
covered prayer, personal sacrifice, the marriage relationship, service,
laziness, evangelism and others.
Particularly poignant was Begg's
chapter on humility. After the Bible, that chapter should be required
reading for every Christian.
The book may be small, but its impact can be enormous.
_____________________
I received a free copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review here.