Skip to main content

the faith of dolly parton -- a book review

Dudley Delffs' The Faith of Dolly Parton:  Lessons from Her Life to Lift Your Heart is a book I didn't expect to enjoy.  Delffs weaves his own spiritual journey together with the wit and wisdom of Dolly Parton about God and faith and life.  And in the end, this book is at once gracious, funny, and spiritually edifying.

I grew up in Sevier County, so Dolly Parton was a name built into the fabric of my childhood.  I attended Sevier County High -- Dolly's alma mater -- at a time when Parton had begun supporting graduates with a college scholarship.  So I've known of Parton's faith and its importance in his life and work for as long as I can remember.  Delffs' book brings a lot of the anecdotes I've heard over that lifetime into a coherent story about the difference faith makes.
_______________________
I received a free copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review here.