Skip to main content

how to break up with your phone -- a book review

Catherine Price's How To Break Up with Your Phone is a small, yet purely practical, book that explores one of the most important issues in everyday life:  The effect of our smart phone's ubiquity.

It's an honest look at the good, the bad and the ugly of that one piece of technology that permeates nearly every moment of my day -- my Iphone.  Here Price gives principles to apply and plenty of flexibility for individual scheduling and needs.  For someone who uses their phone as a pocket workspace, some suggestions like "demoting to a dumbphone" are not all that practical.  Yet, the author still covers points to consider no matter what level we truly need to use our phones.

If you're willing to take this book seriously, make sure you devote the time (4 weeks -- pages 76-165) that it takes to "break up with your phone".  I know I plan to.
______________________
I received a free copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review here.