Skip to main content

come and eat -- a book review

Bri McKoy's Come and Eat: A Celebration of Love and Grace around the Everyday Table is a delightful read that brings together rich reflections about hospitality in every day life with a beautiful recipe collection.  If you're one of those who loves to host dinner gatherings -- or would like to be -- this is the book for you.

In each of the chapters, McKoy shares something we should bring to the table while also sharing about different tables we encounter in our lives.  Some tables are full of joy while others may be painful.  She writes with such grace that her own stories become templates for the stories of our lives.

Tables are meant for welcoming, McKoy reminds us -- and it doesn't matter if those are simple or extravagant tables.  They simply need to be hospitable ones.

It's the 21 day recipe challenge at the end of the book that makes my mouth water at the possibilities. 

_______________________
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”