Skip to main content

calm, cool, and connected -- a book review

Arlene Pellicane's Calm, Cool, and Connected:  5 Digital Habits for a More Balanced Life offers practical wisdom about managing our technology use. 

I remember a day when the world wasn't so consumed by smartphones, TV, and social media.  But I also remember a time when there weren't too many other options, either.  While I didn't love when my parents forced me to go outside -- I was far too much a nerd -- I do appreciate that I was encouraged to be creative and use my imagination as a kid.  Sadly, as an adult, I find it harder and harder to motivate myself to do something creative or get outside when spending time scrolling through Facebook is much more convenient.  Can you relate?

If so, Calm, Cool and Connected is the book for you.

This is one of those non-fiction books that can be life changing if you'll allow it.  Because, in just around 120 pages, Pellicane offers five tools that will help you develop a healthy HABIT:
  • Hold down that off button
  • Always put people first
  • Brush daily:  Live with a clean conscience
  • I will go online with a purpose
  • Take a hike
Amidst all the anecdotes, Pellicane offers some sobering, informed wisdom about our technological lives.  Don't let this book pass you by.
_________________________
I received a free copy of this book from Moody Publishing in exchange for my honest review here.