Lynn Cowell's Brave Beauty: Finding the Fearless You is written for tween girls and offers, in 100 mini chapters, the God's perspective on some real life issues. Things like peer pressure and body imagine, certainly, but other things like bravery and personal transformation, too. This is a resource that helps teens think deeply about their faith in ways our culture wants to discourage.
In Brave Beauty, Cowell encourages girls to find their worth and identity in Christ. In a time when girls are bombarded with images of what the world considers beautiful and valuable, this book empowers girls instead to turn to our faith for the truth about how beautiful they really are. The book begins at just the right place -- how to enter into the community of faith and finding their place in it -- and continues with a number of important affirmations that structure the rest of the book: "I am Loved", "I am Brave", etc.
The artwork is whimsical and offers an eye-catching contribution for such an important book.
The book is designed to be a keepsake, and certainly will offer our tweens a lively conversation partner as they maneuver the difficult years ahead.
_______________________
I received a free copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review here.
In Brave Beauty, Cowell encourages girls to find their worth and identity in Christ. In a time when girls are bombarded with images of what the world considers beautiful and valuable, this book empowers girls instead to turn to our faith for the truth about how beautiful they really are. The book begins at just the right place -- how to enter into the community of faith and finding their place in it -- and continues with a number of important affirmations that structure the rest of the book: "I am Loved", "I am Brave", etc.
The artwork is whimsical and offers an eye-catching contribution for such an important book.
The book is designed to be a keepsake, and certainly will offer our tweens a lively conversation partner as they maneuver the difficult years ahead.
_______________________
I received a free copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review here.
