Skip to main content

the jesus bible, niv edition -- a book review

The Jesus Bible, NIV Edition brings together introductory essays by several renowned pastors (Louie Giglio, Max Lucado, John Piper, Ravi Zacharias, and Randy Alcorn) with study aids to help readers grasp the central and unifying message of Scripture:  Jesus Christ.

This edition is textured and woven material over board -- so it's durable for long-lasting use -- and has a number of profound study aids.  Readers will find sixty-six book introductions that each center on Jesus in the narrative (this is by far the best part of this new study Bible from HarperCollins).  But there are also over 300 full-page articles and nearly 700 sidebar articles reveal Jesus throughout all of Scripture -- packing this study Bible with far more detail than I can cover in one simple review.

The single column text of the NIV comes with space in the margins for your own notes, though I wish the paper were thicker so that those notes wouldn't bleed through the page.  And there's a single grey book mark -- probably need a few more for a study Bible of this sort.

But all in all it's an amazing find -- and one that would serve readers well into the coming years.  It's particularly a good gift for new Christians, and at Christmas what better gift is there than to give them a Bible centered in the salvation that is Jesus.
________________
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”