Skip to main content

liked -- a book review

Kari Kampakis' Liked: Whose Approval are You Living For? is honest about what we all desire -- we want to be liked. God made us to live in community and to need friends. But what about when our desire to be liked takes our eyes off of God? Kampakis challenges us to consider if we care more about what our friends think about us than what God knows about us.

She reminds us -- especially our teens -- that the only audience that really matters is God.  God loves us as we are.  Our deepest desire to be known and loved can only be met by God.  But in our culture of social networking, it's easy to develop negative media habits that interfere with our healthy devotion to God and to the fellowship with God that names the Christian spiritual life.

She reminds us of the importance of developing a godly character and what it means to have positive social media habits. She distinguishes between social friends and real friends, the ones worth our time and effort.

This is an important book. 

________________
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”