Strengths Based Marriage: Build a Stronger Relationship by Understanding Each Other's Gifts by Jimmy Evans and Allan Kelsey presents an extremely practical program for introducing strengths into marriage.While the book presupposes a couples' having completed the popular StrengthsFinder assessment (which can cost upwards of $150 for the pair), there are still plenty of resources here to overcome the various obstacles to a happy, strong marriage. Couples will learn more about one another, and that understanding is a rich foundation for growing stronger marriages.
Strengths Based Marriage covers topics like Stopping the Cycles of Pain, Speaking Love to Your Spouse's Heart, and Secrets of Successful Marriages.
It's a great resource for couples and will be a book I return to again and again for premartial counseling.
________________
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”