Hannah Anderson's Humble Roots: How Humility Grounds and Nourishes Your Soul digs the fertile ground of our souls to expose the roots of our worry and stress in pride. We believe the subtle lie that we can produce humility on our own by
intentionally squelching the lies of our ego. Anderson takes us on a journey
through personal stories, historical accounts, and introductions to a
variety of plants and herbs as she gently points the reader to a
life-altering truth: Maybe our hectic lives don't need better planning,
harder work, or more self-made remedies. Instead, the fruit of peace and
rest naturally grow from humble roots pressing down into Christ.
Humble Roots is an amazing book that I found myself reading and re-reading entire pages, finding a refreshment for a pastoral soul that's all too wearied by so much worry and stress. Anderson's is a real gift to the church and one I'll be recommending again and again.
_______________
I received a free copy of this book from Moody Publishing in exchange for my honest review here.
Humble Roots is an amazing book that I found myself reading and re-reading entire pages, finding a refreshment for a pastoral soul that's all too wearied by so much worry and stress. Anderson's is a real gift to the church and one I'll be recommending again and again.
_______________
I received a free copy of this book from Moody Publishing in exchange for my honest review here.
