Oswald Chambers' Devotions for a Deeper Life provides insights into holiness, absolute devotion, and the pursuit of God that began in his more well-known devotional guide, My Utmost for His Highest. This devotional is built from a number of articles that Chambers wrote in the early twentieth century, and offers a full years' devotions that bear some of Chambers' most important themes for a new audience. Chambers is able to combine deep theology and practical reflection in simple, terse reflections. There are meditations here covering a number of topics, from prayer to the Holy Spirit. So more than a simple devotional, Devotions for a Deeper Life can become a means for God's call into ordinary lives to become transformed into Kingdom lives.
________________
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
________________
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
