Christina Vinson's 365 Devotions for Finding Rest provides devotional guidance for those whose lives are hurried and who long to find the rest that is everywhere commanded and practiced in Scripture -- from the Sabbath rest to the rest of those who place their faith in God.
This is a particularly relevant and important devotional for those whose lives have a certain kind of madness about them -- the day-to-day demands that eat away at our time, our lives and our very selves. God has made us for refreshing times of the Spirit -- that's the point of the Sabbath rest throughout Scripture -- and 365 Devotions for Finding Rest will provide opportunities to stop and breathe in that Spirit.
________________
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This is a particularly relevant and important devotional for those whose lives have a certain kind of madness about them -- the day-to-day demands that eat away at our time, our lives and our very selves. God has made us for refreshing times of the Spirit -- that's the point of the Sabbath rest throughout Scripture -- and 365 Devotions for Finding Rest will provide opportunities to stop and breathe in that Spirit.
________________
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
