Skip to main content

jesus is for you -- a book review

Judah Smith's Jesus is For You:  Stories of God's Relentless Love is an amazing, beautiful little devotional that is a nourishment for weary souls.  It's just the book I needed lately, precisely because Smith focuses on God's grace in Jesus Christ that extends to everyone in the very darkest, most obscure moments of our lives, those moments just when we're sure that God can't possibly be for us.

This, in fact, is the kind of devotional that you end up handing out to friends, simply because it's message is that powerful.  In between these 1-3 page passages are quotes from Judah Smith and Bible verses -- set on beautiful photography.  It is broken out into three parts:  "Jesus Is...," "Jesus Gives...," and "Jesus Is There When..."  Made of a durable hardback binding, this is a devotional that will continue to nourish those weary souls for years to come.
__________________
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”