God's Justice: The Flourishing of Creation and the Destruction of Evil is a study Bible that brings together the complete text of the New International Version translation with study notes from a global perspective that traces the theme of God's justice throughout Scripture.
In a world riddled by economic poverty, human trafficking, abuse, hate crimes, oppression -- among all the forms of injustice -- God's Justice offers a particular way of reflecting Christianly upon the world, as well as allowing God's Word to speak prophetically to the Church. Each biblical book includes notes on the biblical text, introductory essays, as well as reflection questions that help guide readers to hear God's clarion call for justice with peace.
What I most love about this study Bible is its ability to blend heart and mind, as disciples of Jesus. There's a word of peace for weary hearts, and a word of wisdom for those who are searching. Written from a global perspective, too.
This is not a study Bible to be missed.
__________________
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
In a world riddled by economic poverty, human trafficking, abuse, hate crimes, oppression -- among all the forms of injustice -- God's Justice offers a particular way of reflecting Christianly upon the world, as well as allowing God's Word to speak prophetically to the Church. Each biblical book includes notes on the biblical text, introductory essays, as well as reflection questions that help guide readers to hear God's clarion call for justice with peace.
What I most love about this study Bible is its ability to blend heart and mind, as disciples of Jesus. There's a word of peace for weary hearts, and a word of wisdom for those who are searching. Written from a global perspective, too.
This is not a study Bible to be missed.
__________________
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
