The Frost Bible is the International Children's Bible edition, with a cover decorated with glitter and teal and silver foil accents -- so it's the obvious gift idea for little girls that love Frozen. (In full disclosure, though, this isn't an official Frozen item, so you won't find Elsa, Anna or anyone else from the movie hidden somewhere in its pages.)
As a bonus The Frost Bible comes with a free tote bag, so it's roomy enough to carry the Bible and whatever else a little girl might need for Sunday School.
Inside, there are some helpful articles, but the text itself is rather pain, and in two columns. That makes reading the text difficult for young readers -- making this less a Bible that will be used in the long term.
All in all, I was rather underwhelmed. I had hoped for so much more.
_______________________
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
As a bonus The Frost Bible comes with a free tote bag, so it's roomy enough to carry the Bible and whatever else a little girl might need for Sunday School.
Inside, there are some helpful articles, but the text itself is rather pain, and in two columns. That makes reading the text difficult for young readers -- making this less a Bible that will be used in the long term.
All in all, I was rather underwhelmed. I had hoped for so much more.
_______________________
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
