Skip to main content

let the journey begin -- a book review

Max Lucado's Let the Journey Begin:  Finding God's Best for Your Life has recently been re-released -- just in time for graduations.  This great inspirational -- and gift -- book is for anyone who is preparing to "embrace new opportunities and take steps toward reaching your dreams".  I foresee lots of folks giving this book for graduation gifts, but there's no reason to place this classic devotional into such a small category.  It just as easily applies to someone preparing to enter a new job, welcoming a new baby, among dozens upon dozens of other adventures.  That's because Lucado here offers biblical wisdom for "restoring hope" as we begin those journeys, or "knowing God's will", or how God's love enables and ennobles all our journeys begun and ended in him.

This book is like so many other devotionals -- it's sturdy and user-friendly.  But, like I said, it's filled with so much biblical wisdom.  The one line that continues to stick with me:  "The problem is not that God has spoken but that we haven't listened" (p. 39).

If you have lots of Lucado books in your library, I'd probably skip this one.  But if you're looking for a gift for a friend or for church group study, this is the book for you.

___________________
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”