Whether on college campuses, in pastoral counseling, or in spiritual direction, the question inevitably arises: "How can I know God's will for my life?" "How can I know if this decision is what God wants me to do?" is the way I most often hear it. And underlining those questions is a fear that being a disciple of Jesus can be done wrongly, but it's a fear based on a faulty foundation.
Which means, ultimately, that fear and those questions are demonic, and they land Christians in a hellific tortured life.
So What am I Supposed to Do with My Life? provides pastoral wisdom, filled with grace and spiritual direction, that leads away from that fear and out of that hellish existence, toward a discerning and discerned life as a follower of Jesus.
God calls us to go, to walk into life, as Jesus walks. God calls us to become like Christ. So God's will pushes us forward, into life, and stops us from making disobedient choices.
That counter to the thinking that we just sit and wait on God to reveal what God wants for us.
Moore then provides two principles for knowing God's will. First: God's will is more about who you are than where you are or what you do. And, second: God's will is more about going until God stops you than waiting until God starts you.
This book is an empowering message for obedient disciples. Because it calls us out of spiritual passivity and into the life God has for us in Christ.
It's must-reading for every Christian, and belongs on Church library and pastoral library shelves.
_____________
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
