Skip to main content

lean on me -- a book review


Anne Marie Miller's Lean on Me is a follow-up to her 2010 spiritual memoir, Permission to Speak Freely.  In Lean on Me, she tells the story of her continued spiritual healing, following her painful divorce, as well as from her previous trauma. 

Lean on Me highlights the value of a healthy Christian community.  She starts by presenting four categories of relationships with others:  Not vulnerable and not committed, vulnerable and not committed, committed but not vulnerable, and committed and vulnerable.  And for each category, she provides actual stories to illustrate genuine Christian community. 

"In writing Lean on Me, it's my desire to show you that whatever course you find yourself on, you are not alone, you need God, and you need others."  The reader's guide and resources at the end of the book provide valuable guidance for growing genuine Christian communities. 

This book is a must-have for pastors and those that care about our churches. 

____________
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”